Tuesday 15 May 2018

Food & Flesh


So as a university student I recently completed an extremelyyyy long winded photography project which took many months to complete, but alas it is finally finished. I haven't even received my grades back for this yet, but I am pretty proud of how it turned out! 
This blog is, of course, a personal output for me to share my thoughts and interests, but also considering that my degree is in Media studies it will be beneficial for me to use it almost as an online portfolio also. 

The title of my photography series was 'Food & Flesh' which might leave you thinking whaaat? But it basically captures the relation between the obvious, the flesh and the food we eat. I feel that as a series it can be interpreted in many different ways which is something I really like about it. It could be given numerous different titles (trust me I had a page full of them) and stand for all different things. 

I wanted the series to have a strong feminine feel to it, pretty obvious considering I used a female model. I love bright photography which has a vintage feel to it, for example, one of my favourite photographers is Sarah Bah Bah which probably shows in some of my images. I also took inspiration from a series called 'Wardrobe Snacks' by Kelsey Mclellan which is a beautiful series which you should check out!

Anyway, I'll stop blabbering. Hopefully, you enjoy my images as much as I did. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! Do you think the series works? Let me know!

Amelia x



















SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig